Monday, October 6, 2008

anne of green brocades

MARILLA: Alright, you can go to the ball. This is all Matthew's doing, though... I wash my hands of it! If you get overheated and catch pneumonia, blame Matthew.

ANNE: Oh Marilla! I dreamt last night that I arrived at the ball in giant elephant ear sleeves, and everyone was overcome by my regal am--

MARILLA: Regal, my eye. You're dripping dirty, greasy water all over my clean floor! And if I have to listen to anymore of this, I'll just change my mind, that's what I'll do.


That evening...


ANNE: Oh! Marilla! Look what Matthew bought for me! Look at the elephant ears! They're even bigger than puffs!

MARILLA: They're ridiculous. You'll have to turn sideways to get through the door.



Dolce & Gabbana S/S 09



Twenty pounds... of brown... sugar...

No comments: